About the 4L's retrospective template
The 4 Ls survey is a tool that helps individuals and teams to reflect on their experiences, gain insight into their own perspectives, and develop a deeper understanding of themselves and others. Here are some potential benefits of a team using this survey:
- Improved self-awareness: By reflecting on what they have loved, longed, loathed, and learned, team members can gain a better understanding of their own preferences, strengths, and weaknesses. This can help them to communicate more effectively with others and work more collaboratively as a team.
- Increased empathy and understanding: The 4 Ls survey encourages individuals to consider the experiences and perspectives of others, which can lead to greater empathy and understanding within the team. This can help to build stronger relationships and foster a more positive and supportive team culture.
- Enhanced problem-solving and decision-making: By reflecting on what they have learned and identifying areas that they have loathed, teams can gain insights into areas where they need to improve and develop strategies to address these challenges. This can lead to more effective problem-solving and decision-making within the team.
- Improved team cohesion and alignment: By using the 4 Ls survey as a team-building tool, teams can develop a shared understanding of their experiences, preferences, and goals. This can help to create a sense of cohesion and alignment within the team, which can lead to greater productivity and success.
Overall, the 4 Ls survey can be a valuable tool for teams looking to improve their communication, collaboration, and overall effectiveness.
How does this survey help HR managers and HR leaders?
The 4 Ls survey can be used in a variety of contexts, depending on the goals and objectives of the business partner or team using it. Here are a few examples of when it might be a good time to use the survey:
- Team-building: The 4 Ls survey can be used as a team-building exercise to help team members get to know each other better and develop a shared understanding of their experiences, preferences, and goals.
- Performance review: The 4 Ls survey can be used as part of a performance review process to help individuals reflect on their experiences and identify areas for improvement.
- Project debrief: The 4 Ls survey can be used at the end of a project to help team members reflect on what they have learned and identify areas for improvement for future projects.
- Career development: The 4 Ls survey can be used as part of a career development process to help individuals reflect on their experiences, preferences, and goals, and develop a plan for career growth and development.
- Organisational change: The 4 Ls survey can be used during times of organizational change, such as mergers, acquisitions, or restructurings, to help individuals and teams adapt to new circumstances and develop strategies for success.
Overall, the 4 Ls survey can be used in a wide range of contexts to help HR and teams reflect on their experiences, gain insights, and develop strategies for growth and improvement.
The survey experience
This survey will take about 15 minutes to complete for each team member. It asks four open ended questions. The template asks, What have you loved, longed for loathed and learned? It feeds into a very simple stop-start-continue-debrief model. Insights from this survey can empower teams to make changes to their environment while respecting the team's views.
Create your own Survey Template
Book a demo to explore our platform and preloaded templates & ask how to customise the templates and workflows to match the experience you want to create.
Get your PDF now
Join Crewmojo's CEO Mark Lewis as he talks with HR leaders on how they tune employee experience to drive amazing outcomes their organisations