About the quick talent review template
A talent review is a process used by companies to identify and assess the talent within the organisation. The purpose of a talent review is to ensure that the company retains the right talent to meet its business goals. Talent reviews typically involve a team of HR professionals and line managers who assess each employee against a set of criteria. This review focuses on job performance and the team members potential. After the talent review has been conducted, your company can take action to improve your talent pool, such as investing in training and development or recruiting new employees with the desired skills and experience. This template significantly shortens the time it takes to run this talent review process.
How does this review help HR managers and HR leaders?
This company-wide talent review can be beneficial to HR teams in a variety of scenarios, including:
- Planning for succession: Our company-wide talent review can help HR teams identify potential successors for key leadership roles and develop plans to ensure a smooth transition when these roles become vacant.
- Supporting career development: This talent review can provide employees with a clear understanding of their skills and potential, as well as opportunities for development and growth. This can help to increase employee engagement and retention, and build a more skilled and capable workforce.
- Addressing skills gaps: Conducting this company-wide talent review can help to identify skills gaps within the organisation and develop strategies to address these gaps, such as targeted training and development programs or hiring initiatives.
- Enhancing diversity and inclusion: HR leaders can use the results to identify any barriers to diversity and inclusion within the organisation and develop strategies to address these barriers, such as targeted recruitment or development programs.
- Aligning talent with business goals: Our company-wide talent review can help to ensure that your organisation's talent is aligned with its overall business goals and objectives, and develop strategies to ensure that talent is deployed in the most effective way possible.
- Supporting organisational change: HR teams can gain valuable insights into the skills and potential of the workforce during times of organizational change, such as mergers, acquisitions, or restructuring initiatives.
Overall, a company-wide talent review can be beneficial to HR teams in a variety of scenarios, from succession planning and career development to addressing skills gaps and enhancing diversity and inclusion. By providing a comprehensive view of the workforce and its potential, HR teams can develop strategies to support organisational effectiveness and success.
When to use this review template
A company-wide talent review can be valuable at any stage in a company's lifecycle, from start-up to mature organisation. The specific timing and frequency of a talent review may vary depending on the company's size, growth rate, and strategic goals. However, here are some general guidelines:
- Start-up or early stage: In the early stages of a company, a talent review can help identify high-potential employees who can help drive growth and expansion. At this stage, a talent review may be conducted annually or bi-annually to support rapid growth and ensure that the organisation has the skills and talent it needs to achieve its goals.
- Growth stage: As the company grows, a talent review can help to support organisational change and identify talent gaps that may be hindering growth. At this stage, a talent review may be conducted annually or bi-annually, depending on the rate of growth and the organisation's strategic goals.
- Mature organisation: In a mature organisation, a talent review can help to identify potential successors for key leadership roles and ensure that the organisation's talent is aligned with its strategic goals. At this stage, a talent review may be conducted annually or every two to three years, depending on the size of the organisation and the pace of change.
- During major organisational change: During times of major organisational change, such as mergers, acquisitions, or restructuring initiatives, a talent review can provide HR teams with valuable insights into the skills and potential of the workforce. In these situations, a talent review may be conducted as needed to support the organisational change process.
Overall, a company-wide talent review can be valuable at any stage in a company's lifecycle, as it provides HR teams with insights into the skills, potential, and development needs of the workforce. The specific timing and frequency of the review may vary depending on the company's strategic goals, growth rate, and organisational structure.
The review experience
The review includes a combination or multiple choice questions, an agree/disagree scale and an open question. We anticipate it will take 3-5 minutes per employee to complete. Sample questions include:
- This person has made an impact above and beyond their job description and agreed objectives.
- What is this person's career preference for the next 12 months?
Create your own review template
Crewmojo is a specialist performance management platform that significantly improves performance processes and is an instrumental tool in lifting your organisations performance. Integrating with other major HR platforms, Crewmojo is unique in that is provides wide range of templates based on performance best practice. They are 100% tweakable so that you can take these templates and embed them in your culture and processes.
Book a personal tour of platform and preloaded performance experiences. Ask how to customise the templates and workflows to match the experience you want to create.
Get your PDF now
Join Crewmojo's CEO Mark Lewis as he talks with HR leaders on how they tune employee experience to drive amazing outcomes their organisations