What is the goal of this onboarding template?
Build on the connection you established on the first day. Check-in and remove any barriers or issues that confront your new hires. Give direction and clarity on next steps. Adjust your pre arranged onboarding schedule where needed.
What will your employees expect from their week one onboarding meeting.
You can expect your new hire to ask about a wide-range of topics.
- Clarity on their role and responsibilities: New employees want to have a clear understanding of what is expected of them in their new role and how their performance will be evaluated.
- Connection to their team and colleagues: Understanding how they fit in with various teams and immediate colleagues.
- Company culture and values: Your team members might ask questions about the company culture and values to make sure they align with their own personal beliefs and work style.
- Company benefits and perks: New hires may have questions about company benefits, such as healthcare, retirement plans, and other perks, so it's important to provide them with relevant information.
- Company policies and procedures: New starters want to understand company policies and procedures, such as vacation time, sick leave, and other HR-related matters.
As the manager or HR team member it is your role to make sure that the team member leaves the discussion clear, comfortable and confident. This stems back to providing clarity on their questions and providing the access to the tools they need to do their job. They also need clear direction about their next steps.
Sample from this template
- I have booked in and/or attended new employee training
- I am set up with my computer and systems access
- I have met the rest of my team
- I have completed a 'user manual for me'
The Crewmojo performance management system includes a full library of our new performance management templates & pre-built experiences. Our templates and experiences are all 100% tweakable. Too Easy.
Book a demo to explore our live platform.
Get your PDF now
Join Crewmojo's CEO Mark Lewis as he talks with HR leaders on how they tune employee experience to drive amazing outcomes their organisations